Results for - It's the middle of winter in a pandemic and we are probably spending far more time indoors than in a normal winter. There are many things we could to to keep physically active but what about keeping mentally active?
How to we keep mentally and intellectually fit in a pandemic in winter and most likely in the middle of government imposed lock downs? Some of us are avid readers and some are not. Some have signed up to study online but that doesn't work for everyone. Here are 3 quick mental stretch exercises that will keep you occupied for awhile and if you enjoy them I can give you 3 more.
1. A bad guy is playing Russian roulette with a six-shooter revolver. He puts in one bullet, spins the chambers and fires at you, but no bullet comes out. He gives you the choice of whether or not he should spin the chambers again before firing a second time. Should he spin again?
- Keeps the risk at the same level.
- You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round
- irrelevant question
2. You're at a fork in the road in which one direction leads to the City of Lies (where everyone always lies) and the other to the City of Truth (where everyone always tells the truth). There's a person at the fork who lives in one of the cities, but you're not sure which one. What question could you ask the person to find out which road leads to the City of Truth?
- Whatever they reply will be the right answer.
- Ask him "Did Joe Biden win the 2020 election?"
- Answers to any of these questions will not reveal anything about which road to take, only about the man.
3. I borrow $50 from my uncle and $50 from my aunt - that's $100. I then buy a shirt for $97 giving me $3 change. I give $1 back to my uncle and $1 back to my aunt but I still owe each of them $49. That's $98 plus the $1 I kept for myself. That adds up to $99. Where did the other $1 go?
- You spent it on the lap dance you had at The Bottoms Up Club, remember? No? But...oops...shhhhhh!!!!
- I'd Have to think harder
- This is a simple mathematical trick.
4. Here are the answers in random order - no peeking!
- If I had, it would already be too late
- Look but don't touch. Touch but don't taste. Taste but don't swallow. Of course I peeked, you think I'm that honest????