Results for - Another Musical Great...Whose Name You May Not Have Known...Has Passed Away
1,882 voters participated in this survey
1. In a year that seems especially heavy with the deaths in the music world, Philip Kives' name may not resonate boldly as other recent losses. But the company he founded, K-Tel, released many compilation albums that introduced many young listeners to pop record buying from at least the mid- '60s to the mid-'90s. Were you aware that Kives died in April 2016?
Yes, I'd already known that.
No, but now I do know.
Unsure;I may have?
I've never heard of the man nor his company (so that's another way of saying no?).
2. Did you ever have purchase any K-Tel compilation albums or had any given to you as gifts?
Yes, I've purchased or got as a gift at least one K-Tel compilation.
No, I dont recall ever having purchaed or been gifted any K-Tel compilations.
It's been so long ago &/or my collection is in such disorder, I'm unsure.
3. Would you be willing to buy compact discs or digital file albums of K-Tel or other TV-advertised compilation albums of the past, if the songs on the refurbished versions would be unedited and of probably higher audio quality than on the originals?
Yes, purchasing at least one such reissued album would interest me.
No, I can either dig out my old albums or dwell on the memories I have of them.
It may depend on the album/s and possibly whether the digital files are compressed as the LP sound was back then.
I never had such albums and have no interest in hearing them now.
4. For many young music listeners, listening to streaming playlists and compiling their own has rendered the idea of the compilation album irrelevant. Do you believe streaming now serves the same purpose as vinyl and tape albums of recent hits did back when?
Yes, streaming pretty much serves the same function as K-Tel's, et al's compilations.
Yes, at least to some extent or for some stream listteners.
No, from what I know, streamers prefer their streamed music to serve a different purpose than those albums.
5. K-Tel may be best remembered now for their albums, but the company was also responsible for numerous other products, from hamburger patty stackers and compact fishing rids to brushes and buttonhole makers, Have you ever owned any other K-Tel goods?
Yes, and I still have at least one!
Yes, but any I had are long gone!
No, I never had any.
If ever I had any, I never really paid attention to brand names, so...perhaps?
05/27/2016 Music 1882 32 By: jlrake