Results for - Oldest Restaurant in Every State (Part Two)
2,184 voters participated in this survey
I realize dining out might not be on your mind as restaurants nationwide are required to shift their business practices as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. While the US is nowhere near as old as many other countries in the world, there's still plenty of history to be found, especially when it comes to food. From inns and taverns that have been around since the Revolutionary War to restaurants that were prominent watering holes in the days of the Wild West, every state has a unique story regarding its oldest restaurant.
1. COLORADO: The Buckhorn Exchange, Denver - First opened in 1893, the Buckhorn Exchange is one of the oldest steakhouses in the US. Guests may come for the delicious menu, but they stay for the unique décor, which includes a large collection of taxidermied animals. Have you ever dined at this restaurant?
2. CONNECTICUT: The Griswold Inn, Essex - In addition to providing lodging, the Griswold Inn also offers a charming restaurant and taproom. The inn has been operating since 1776 in the small Connecticut town of Essex. Popular menu items include clam chowder and sauteed salmon. Have you ever dined at this restaurant?
3. DELAWARE: Kelly's Logan House, Wilmington - Aside from being the oldest restaurant in Delaware, Kelly's Logan House has also been the go-to spot for St. Patrick's Day celebrations in Wilmington for 150 years. The Irish bar and restaurant specializes in comforting pub food, including everything from grilled cheese sandwiches to pork nachos. Have you ever dined at this restaurant?
4. FLORIDA: Columbia Restaurant, Tampa - Columbia Restaurant in Tampa, Florida was founded by Cuban immigrants in 1905. Their original menu specialties included Cuban coffee and sandwiches, and the menu evolved from there. Today, customers love the devil crab croquettes and other samplings from the restaurant's tapas menu. Have you ever dined at this restaurant?
5. GEORGIA: The Plaza Restaurant & Oyster Bar, Thomasville - The Plaza Restaurant & Oyster Bar has been serving families for over 100 years in southwestern Georgia. The restaurant has maintained a Greek influence in its menu from its many Greek owners over the years, as well as a variety of seafood dishes. Have you ever dined at this restaurant?
09/21/2020 Food & Drink