Results for - Memories of Childhood
2,238 voters participated in this survey
Some of my memories include some of the silly things that were said to me as I was growing up. I just wondered if other people's families were (or are) as crazy as mine. Please feel free to share in the comments section below.
Note: I don't need the insults of people that have such low self-esteem that they can only feel good about themselves when they are putting others down. So, if you find flaws in my survey, feel free to skip it rather than insulting my efforts. I'm kind of tired of the bullying that occurs on this site. Please also refrain from insulting my relatives (referred to in the survey), as some are deceased and it would be disrespectful. For the rest of you that want the points and appreciate the work that goes into creating surveys, this one's for you! Hope it makes you smile! :-) And by the way, thank you to all of you that create surveys and provide me with points. I appreciate it, and I'm sure that there are many good Tellwut survey members that feel the same way.
1. When my sister and I were being rowdy, Grandma would tell us to "Be Good, or I'll whip you with a wet noodle!" It made us giggle, and I still remember her for that silly saying. Did you have somebody that could say something so 'off' that it distracted you into being good?
2. Mom, in similar situations, would threaten to have us stand in the corner and stack BBs. Do you have loved ones that said something so ridiculous?
N/A, I was never naughty!
Threaten? I actually had to stack BBs!
3. The news can make the weather so boring in comparison to the way amateurs describe it. Grandpa, for example, used to say that "It's raining harder than a cow pissin on a flat rock." No, I did not misspell pissin. That's how he said it! Have you heard a funny weather expression?
Maybe, but I can't remember for sure.
4. When I asked difficult questions as a child, I was frequently told "I'll explain it when you're older." I'm in my late 40s, married, and have an adult son now. I still haven't received my birds and the bees speech! Were you told to wait until you were older in regards to the answers to questions you asked? Did you get the answers when you got older?
Yes, I was told to wait until I got older. When the time came, I was given the answers.
Yes, I was told to wait. I got ripped! I'm still waiting!
Yes, I was told to wait, but I figured it out on my own and didn't need to ask again when I got older.
No, my questions were always answered around the time I asked.
Questions? I never had any. I already knew everything!
5. Now that you're older, have you figured out what "just because" means?
No, but that doesn't (or didn't) stop me from saying it to my kids.
Yes, it makes perfect sense!
Just because? I've never heard that one. (scratching head while looking confused)
09/12/2019 Love & Relationships