Results for - Narcissistic Abuse
1,696 voters participated in this survey
Hello fellow tellwut opinion seeker's. I aproach you with what I believe to be an important topic, because alot of people out there remain in toxic relationships, and do not know where to turn. Resulting in depression,anxiety,drug abuse, alcoholism etc. My goal is to reach out and make people more aware of this situation. And speak out. If you think someone you love is being treated in a way that robs them of their self esteem, talk with them, explain to them in your opinion what the right thing to do is. Sorry for the length of the survey. Was just necessary to get it all out there. Again, I appreciate your opinions. Thank You
1. Have any of you been brought up by narcissitic parents, or have a friend or family member affected by this personality disorder?
2. Are there any of you, that before reading this survey were unaware of this condition/personality disorder?
3. Narcissists display extreme selfishness, have a grandiose view and admiration for themselves, and crave admiration. Do you have a friend or spouse that seem to fit this description?
4. There are different degrees to this disorder, some can become very psychologically harmful to a person, and others even become violent. Do you think there is anyway to reason with these people, and help them to realise they have a problem and seek help?
5. Another characteristics people affected with this condition display, is they are compulsive liars, can be very convincing and manipulative, and even quite charming. Do you think you could easily detect someone like this, or do you think you would find out the hard way? Please describe why in the comments.thanks.
I could detect someone like this from a mile away!
I am generally a very trusting person, and tend to forgive easily and would probably end up finding out the hard way.
It would be too late, and I would feel/remain trapped in this type of toxic relationship.
6. People who suffer from Narcissism seem to feed of people which is called Narcissistic supply. The abuser has no empathy and in my view, a total lack of concience. They entangle people in there web of lies and deceit, and generally target caring,empathic people who will show sympathy even pity for them. Then once they gain your trust, will do everything possible to break you down and ruin your life. Do you still think these people deserve a second chance or to be forgiven?
7. I have done much research on the subject, after getting to know someone who has this condition to a very great extent, and have learned the hard way. After much research I have decided that staying the farthest away possible from these people is the only solution. Even after several attempts at helping this person, to a point where it literally ruined my life morally and financially. I left before it had to become physical. I am a man, and this was just a friend, or so I thought. In your opinion did I do the right thing?
8. Now as a last question. I would like to know how you would have reacted. It really drains you because you try everything to get these people to see the error of there ways, and you do not want to give up on another human being. Unfortunatley I had to try and move on, both physically and mentally, but as of now still have just moved on physically. Since 2 years ago when all trouble started. How would you feel?
I would feel humiliated, abused, and have a hard time ever putting my complete trust in again.
I would easily move on and forget the past experience, and just take it as one of life's toughest lessons.
Hey, everything happens for a reason.
12/11/2015 Love & Relationships