Results for - Smartphones Responsible for Delay in Teenagers Emotional Sensitivity
2,876 voters participated in this survey
The number of teens who went to emergency departments in Ontario for injuring or poisoning themselves doubled from 2009 to 2017. This surprising rise has led the Canadian health-care providers to c all out for better ways to connect young people with mental health services.
1. Do you use a smart phone? (eg. Apple, Samsung etc.)
2. Do you think that smartphone communication like texting/video calling can replace the "in-person" experience of talking/meeting with someone?
3. Emotional maturation (understanding others emotions) takes time and it takes real experiences with relationships, and if you spend more and more time on screen time, you have less opportunities to practice these skills. Do you agree/disagree with this statement?
4. Do you think that government and health care foundations should invest more in programs that help build relationships in-person rather than just online?
5. If you use a smartphone, do you have any problems in understanding other peoples emotion when you see them in person?