Results for - Did You Dial?
2,591 voters participated in this survey
1. Was the first telephone you ever used a rotary dial model?
2. If you ever used a rotary dial phone, were you one to keep your finger in the hole corresponding to the digit you were dialing. or did you take your finger out of the hole as the dial rotated back into place?
I kept my fnioger in there.
I let it fly without my finger in it.
Sometimes I did one; at other times, I did the other.
3. If you ever used rotary dial telephones, in what decade did you last use one to make a call?
4. A TV talk show I watch (but more ilsten to than watch,. really) sometimes features shots of the old multi-line dial rotary telephone in the studio while callers into the show are talking. To me, the sight is at once nostalgic and peculiar. How would you respond to seeing seeing such a thing on your TV, computer or smartphone screen?
I'd think it more nostal;gic than peculiar.
I'd find it more peculiar than nostalgic.
I'd find it both nostalgic and peculiar in about equal measure.
I think I'd have another response altogether (and I may share what it is in a comment).
I don't think I'd have any response to it in particular.
5. While making a call to my state's Department of Motor Vehicles today, an automated prompt directed me to press either 1 or 2 for the option I'd want. It got me to thinking of how 1)anyone with only a rotary dial phone would manage nowadays and 2)grateful I am for the time saved by pressing digits instead of dialing them. Still, I recall dialing as being kind of fun, too. And you?
I'm grateful for not having to dial, but also think dialing was at least a bit fun.
I'm grateful for not having to dial but hold no fond memories of dialing.
I'm not thinking one way or another about dialing versis not daling.
i've never used a rotary dial telephone.
I've never used a telephone.
Other (please specify)
11/07/2019 Technology 2591 76 By: jlrake