Results for - Real theft or just virtual theft?
1,699 voters participated in this survey
1. Do you feel it is stealing to shoplift a dvd of a new release movie from a store like Walmart?
2. Do you feel it is stealing to download that same movie digitally from a source that is not authorized to distribute it?
It is a legal grey area and I'll give my view in the comments
3. Is it stealing to view a stream online of a bootlegged copy of a movie still in theaters and not available digitally through any authorized source?
4. There is now a site that allows online streaming of live TV, including cable channels. The site has to keep switching servers because they keep getting shut down. They know the cable companies are opposed to their operation, but don't care. Should criminal charges be brought against the people offering this pirated service.
5. At the flea market, there are a couple of guys who sell bootlegged copies of movies. Some of the movies are still in theaters and have not been made available for digital release. They are made by filming the movie in the theater or from dvds that were sent out to reviewers and such. Should these guys be arrested and charged with a crime?
10/01/2015 Technology 1699 38 By: UpstateSC